TLDR: Pinsir is pretty useless. Do not dust.
After going over the numbers over and over again, I’m taking back my previous statements on Pinsir.
Previously, I said that Pinsir is:
- Good against Exeggutor
- Can be used situationally against Snorlax and Tauros
After fixing my math, my current recommendation is:
- Pinsir is situational against Exeggutor (does ok against a pure Psychic move set)
- Useless against Snorlax
Against these two, you’re better off using:
- Vs Exeggutor: Butterfree / Parasect / Scyther
- Vs Snorlax:
- Vaporeon (brute force; remember to dodge the charge move)
- Primeape (slight type advantage, but you’ll still lose)
- Rhydon (slight type advantage b/c Rock resists normal. Situational — switch if you see Earthquake)